Monday, February 7, 2011

Heart




This is an older photo, but it fits the latest iheartfaces contests, so I'm posting again!

My son found this heart rock on hike and gave to me, saying it showed how much he loves me. My son has aspergers and struggles with empathy, showing emotion in traditionsal ways, and understanding other people's point of view, so this was a very big deal. It's one of my greatest treasures - he has my heart. ♥

11 comments:

MPE by Irela said...

That is surely a special heart!!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

We too found a heart shaped rock, and placed it in the center of our river rock fireplace..now wishing I'd remembered that for the contest! Nice shot.

Unknown said...

we have a heart shaped rock, too along with a zillion others! Boys!! Mine gets a rock everywhere he goes!!

Capturing Sunshine said...

Bless your darling boy and his heart. What a beautiful moment, and a beautiful photo.

Nicole said...

This is a really lovely shot! I love the meaning behind the photo as well.

Anonymous said...

Aw so sweet...And a rock heart - too cool

KazVik said...

So cool!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!

AliRae said...

Ooh I love this one! I'm always looking for pretty rocks and shells and branches and whatnot when I'm outside. =)

Chie Sipin - Bjarenas said...

i love the story! what a very special heart!

laura said...

Very sweet!