Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy 2008!

We had a very beautiful snowfall around a week ago (very strange to remember since it's raining and 50 degrees today. . .but I'm enjoying seeing the grass again!). The flakes were huge and they came down like rain. . .the boys had fun making Frosty and eating snow ("only the white snow" of course!)


Car-man and Curious Z enjoyed reading Christmas stories with dad and opening lots of presents on Christmas morning. . .

We made gingerbread cookies for the first time ever. . .they were very good and even my picky eater (Car-man) enjoyed them. . .especially the icing!
We even made some monkey bread, and both boys really enjoyed helping cut up the biscuits. . .but Car-man never got up the nerve to taste any. . .maybe next year. . .
I just realized how many of our activities have involved food. . .oh, well, that's normal for the holidays, right? :)



2 comments:

Amy Glorioso May said...

Thank you for sharing!!! Love your pictures! We used to make monkey bread for Xmas morning... that tradition only lasted about 2 years, though!!! It is SOOOOOO yummy... but Bikeman isn't a fan (hence the short-lived tradition!) Hope you are feeling well!!! See you soon :o)

Kelley said...

We finally threw out the last of the holiday cookies last week. I think I'll pass out if I see another decorated sugar cookie. Monkey bread though - that's another thing.

Enjoy! -Kelley