Sunday, June 15, 2008

Milestones

Curious Z is turning out to be my ER boy - he fell off his scooter on Memorial Day and hurt his elbow. His x-rays didn't show a break, but it looked like a fracture, so we went from sling to cast. . .but only for two weeks, so he won't miss out on much summer swimming, thankfully! Curious Z is quick to explain that is arm is not broken, it is a "fwacture" and that he hurt it flying off his scooter, then doing a flip (this became a split after several retellings) down to the ground. He was fascinated by the process of getting a cast, and had a lengthy conversation with an older boy who had broken his arm playing basketball and looked intently at this boy's x-ray, which clearly showed a broken bone. Choosing a cast color was easy - Green Bay Packer's green (I fear we have been in this state toooo long, although they didn't have Hokie Maroon and Orange anyway). Curious Z has not complained once about being poked and prodded or having only one functioning arm and asks for help with few things - children really are resilient, and he is pretty easy going when it comes to things like this. I'm proud of my brave boy.


Curious Z is now a graduate of preschool and he couldn't be prouder! School presentations are quite a bit different than with Car-man, and it was nice is just sit back and enjoy without a worry. He did great!


This is his adorable class, singing a song called Superstar - it was so funny, I'm going to try and post it soon, whenever I figure out how to make my video files smaller. There's a line about being 30 and having a big brain . . .very funny!


Sweet Pea turned 3 months old on June 2. . .here are her three month old toes!


I guess you can't tell much growth from that (I just think they're cute), so I'll give you a few body shots. . .brown and pink is my new favorite color combination - and yes, she has a bow to match!




We went on a little hike and Backpacker got some beautiful nature shots. . .



The boys and I made a stepping stone for Backpacker's Father's Day gift with each kids handprints - ever try to make a handprint with a three month old? It was pretty funny, but we did it! The boys were awesome, and worked together as a team putting in the decorative glass around the handprints. Car-man even helped feed Sweet Pea so I could finish cleaning up when we were done!


Backpacker is a wonderful daddy. . .



We all love you and appreciate what you do for us everyday. Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Amy Glorioso May said...

Awesome photos! What a sweet posting! You are one brave mommy making a stepping stone in your kitchen!!! And to think I don't like my kiddos to open up the playdoh in mine!!! :o)