Sunday, June 29, 2008

Why Engineers Should Never Babysit

We were in a rush to get to church as usual. I needed to take a shower, so Backpacker had the job of feeding the boys and Sweet Pea. I finished showering and found all the boys upstairs getting dressed. Backpacker tells me Sweet Pea is downstairs, drinking her bottle.

So, I go downstairs, and this is what I find. . .




He's made a sling for her bottle. I didn't know whether to be impressed or appalled! She didn't seem any the worse for wear, but I picked her up and gave her lots of cuddles anyway!

Here she is, almost four months old in her Classic Carter babywear - she looks pretty classic to me!


We've spent a little time in the exersaucer - she loves to stand up in it, but is still trying to figure out what all these toys are for!

We went to the zoo and met dad one afternoon - yeah for grandparents who gifted us a zoo pass and for a dad who has a flexible work schedule!


Sweet Pea's first train ride!



The train's whistle still causes some worry, but earplugs help a lot.


Cool Curious Z in his backwards hat . . .



Look at these Handsome Hokies!


Yeah for summer!




3 comments:

laura said...

I love the bottle sling!!! My hubby always finds ways to take care of the kids in creative ways. They are so inventive... It takes everything in me to not just say "Well, I could have done that!" Men sure do work differently than women. "Balance" right? :) Thanks for sharing!

Amy Glorioso May said...

The bottle sling! That's classic! How funny! How inventive!

Love the zoo pictures. We still are on board for going with you guys! We'd have a blast!

Tell Car-Man that his ear plugs are exactly like the ones Bikeman has to wear at work in the quarries. I find them laying around all the time.

Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

1st this is a great Blog!!!

2nd I love the bottle sling and remember seeing something like this in one of those catalogs that comes and tries to convince you to spend a lot of money on them.

3rd these are awesome pictures!!! You might have a career around the corner for yourself.