Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy July 4th!

It was Car-man and Curious Z's dream to walk in the fourth of July parade (we had literally been hearing about it for the past two years), so we made it a family affair and all walked together. Anybody who wants to can dress up in their red, white, and blue can join the parade, which was nice because we could just do our own thing and not have to be part of any group.


The boys had decorated their scooters the day before with crepe paper, flags and sparkly stars. . .and amazingly they made it to the parade still decorated - although I did have to make a few repairs with my trusty tape. To say they were excited would be an understatement. . .

Even Sweet Pea had on her finest for the fourth - red bow and all. . . she slept through the whole parade, like the cooperative baby she is!


We finally got on our way. . .

Car-man and Curious Z took the responsibility of waving to the crowd very seriously. . .
We were just relieved they stayed with us and didn't run anyone over - they really paid attention and followed directions well, so we were very proud of them. Ice cream was handed out at the end; Car-man tasted a little of the vanilla, but was sad it was covered in the dreaded chocolate!
Curious Z had no problems eating the chocolate coating. . .that's my boy!
And little Sweet Pea finally woke up at the end, having completely missed her first Fourth of July parade. . .but she didn't seem to mind!

Then, our day of fun continued as we were invited to a last-minute cook-out at a friend's house; Car-man and Curious Z could barely believe that they got to walk in the parade AND go to a friend's house all in the same day!
The hostess, cutting up my favorite fruit in the whole world!

Her son, a fellow watermelon-lover!


The host and grill-master inspecting the perfectly done meat. . .mmmmm!


Food is beautiful. . .I can't help taking pictures of it. .



Finally time to join our friends to eat!


Thankfully, the kids occupied themselves well and we were able to actually eat - I love it when that happens!


We shared our secret (okay, not really secret) spot on the big hill where we like to watch the fireworks and lit few sparklers. . .


The fireworks were beautiful. . .and we all remembered how thankful we are to be living in America.

3 comments:

Darci J said...

I love your fourth of July pictures! I had been told by Curious Z that they were going to be in the "pawade" and now I feel like I was right there watching. I was just thinking about how your first week here was around Car-man's birthday and the 4th of July...and how happy we are that you're here.

Amy Glorioso May said...

How fun and festive! I can just imagine how excited the boys were!!! I have to post my 4th photos, too... You are so on the ball!!! :o)

laura said...

Looks like you had an exciting 4th! I had no idea you could walk in the parade. I'll have to remember that.

Hope you're doing well! Laura