Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Next stop. . .

When we got to my parent's house, the first thing we always like to do is see family. . .that's what I grew up doing and I miss seeing everyone! It's always nice to catch up. . .

This is my Aunt R, my Mama's sister, and Sweet Pea. . .




. . .and here are the sisters all together. . .


. . .me, two of my cousins, and Aunt R. . .


. . .my cousin and his little girl, who I'd never met. She looks just like he did when he was little!




My cousin's children (what that makes them to me, I have no idea) did some four-wheelin'!




This was the first year my boys really enjoyed playing with their cousins. Curious Z really enjoyed playing with this guy. . .we'll call him Curious H!





We all went out on Grandpa's and my brother's boats on the river. . .





(. . .that's my elusive brother on the left. . .it's pretty rare to see him, much less get a picture of him!)




. . .and the boys did a little fishing. . .








. . .Sweet Pea got a bath in the sink. . .







. . .and then we went to Grandma's sewing group and made her a tutu! (for Sweet Pea, not Grandma!)















. . .her she is with her big brothers. . . she always looks so tiny when they are together!




We always see lots of old friends too. This is Mrs. A who quilts, paints, and loves to have visitors!



My parent's neighbor, Mrs. N, shocked the neighborhood by getting a pool put in a few years ago, right outside her kitchen door, so she could swim and exercise. It is the prettiest little pool and we were able to have a brief swim in it one day, and visited with her, her daughter and two of her grandkids.




Mrs. N's grandson had just captured all the frogs that were in the pool, which was a great relief to me!






I'm out of time, and this post is getting way too long. . .one day, I'll get through this trip and get to the first day of school pictures!:)

No comments: